Saturday, August 19, 2006

The passion that moves every star to shine

Triggered by last night conversations among old friends, about the objective of my life. What do I wanna do, what do I want to become…and I just couldn’t answer it. That was not the first time I’ve been asked the same question…and I still couldn’t answer the easiest, also the hardest (at least for me…a person with thousands of small dreams), basic question which will lead me to the right path in every part of my life.

Woke up this morning and prepared for the Saturday morning ritual…watch Oprah Winfrey Show. While watching this episode, something moved me…the urge to spread it out and feel very stupid because I’ve known this for some period. Also, feeling helpless for not knowing which way I should take to make it happen.

Before talking about my objective in life, let’s talk about my idols. These people have given me an inspiration to lead my way of life.

My Mom
I adore this woman sooooo much, for all her patience and her dedication to her family. Even writing it had made me burst into tears. Her fullest dedication, her unbelievable patience, her enormous support is countless and timeless. She has a big part for making me and my sister a high-quality person, mentally and physically. She leads us to live our lives in a good way. We have a small happy family and live in harmony, because she’s there as family glue. For me, no one in this world could compare to her…she’s just my hero.

Oprah Winfrey
Her affection for the world, especially women and children, it does amuse me. Probably she doesn’t have a child of her own, but she has children from all over the world, who she loves and love her. She inspires other people thru others, teaches us to see life from a positive point of view, brings out facts of life from many people to show us so we can learn from other’s mistakes, contributes happiness in others’ life by making their dreams come true, and appreciates every little thing people can do for others. She’s also a true entertainer for me, which she can convey the joyful life and reality bites in a brilliant package. Oh I wish I can work for her some day, must be a lot of things to learn.

Mira Lesmana
When you see this woman, you can see immense energy burst out from her. Passionate, edgy, ambitious, know what she’s doing and wants to achieve, packed in sparkling eyes and exciting gestures. I had a chance to work with her, and I’m glad I did it. My friend told me, “Don’t work with your idol, because it can make you disappointed when you know that she/he is just a human.” But not with her, knowing her closely even gives me more things to admire.

I want to be like them…I have to be like them. I want to be a person who can inspire others, especially my family and women. My homework is to find out how can I make other people be inspired by me, which way am I gonna seize. Bottom line is…it’s the passion that moves every star to shine.

Coz you can only be what you are 
Coz you've got the heart of a star
But the light never hits ya
So be all you can
And just hold up your hands
Someday you'll understand
Why life never kissed you
((You've Got) The Heart Of A Star - Oasis)

No comments: