Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ask For More


This is a story about a man who lives near the river

One day, he heard a radio report which said there will be rush coming out from the river and make the town's flooding
He said,"I believe in God, I pray. He loves me, He will save me".

A man on the rowboat yelled at him,"Hey you,the river burts and flooding the town. Get up here and save your life!"
He yelled back,"I believe in God, I pray. He loves me, He will save me".

A helicopter was sent to save the town's citizens. Using a megaphone, the officer said,"I'm gonna send down a rope for you to grab. Grab it and get up quickly, the town's flooding".
He said,"I believe in God, I pray. He loves me, He will save me".

And what did happen? Well, he drowned

Up in heaven, the frustrated man asked God,"Why did it have to end like this? Why didn't you give me any clues? How could you do this to me?"
God answered,"I've sent a radio report, a rowboat and a helicopter to you. What more could you ask from me?"


Taken from West Wing season 1 episode 14, Take This Sabbath Day


No comments: